Rebuilding your financial life is possible. We can help.
The Law Office of Stephen H. Swift, P.C. has helped people obtain debt relief for over 20 years. During that time, we have helped thousands of people in the Colorado Springs area and throughout Southern Colorado make a new financial start by eliminating or reducing their debts.
We are experienced and skillful practitioners who use the bankruptcy laws to obtain maximum debt relief for our clients.
Our Practice Areas
Our firm focuses primarily on the practice of bankruptcy law:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy — liquidation of unsecured debts on behalf of hard-working Coloradans. Typically, a Chapter 7 bankruptcy will resolve debt issues within six months of filing.
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy — liquidation and reduction of debts for people who qualify. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy resolves debt issues through a three to five year payment plan.
- Discharging tax debts — elimination of debts more than three years old through the bankruptcy system. Negotiation of offers-in-compromise with the IRS.
- Bankruptcy litigation — resolution of disputes involving tax debts, student loans, alleged bankruptcy fraud and other matters.
- Stopping foreclosure — helping people retain their homes through bankruptcy filings.
- Stopping repossession, garnishment, judgments and creditor harassment — providing immediate relief for people threatened with legal action.
- Debt relief for small business owners — helping small business owners obtain debt relief through Chapter 13 or Chapter 7 bankruptcy filings.
- We also handle adoptions.